To download the tentative schedule and for instructions on how to reach campus Click here
Participants who are willing to participate in DECODE are requested to bring their own laptop . we will be able to provide PC's only for few teams.
During the coding event , you are not allowed to use internet or any book . So please revise the PLOTTING commands asap. problem statement is such that you can code it in C/C++/Matlab .
Mr. Tarun Rewari, President at Aryatech will talk about ORCAFLEX and SACS softwares and their application to the industry
Registration fee for the total event is 600 INR
Department of Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture presents
SAMUDRAMANTHAN 2013 9-10 March
The Department of Ocean Engineering And Naval Architecture, IIT Kharagpur is organizing its annual meet "Samudra-Manthan" for the future naval architects
to brainstorm with corporate professionals from corporate as well as academic world.This annual meet will help them to develop synergy to meet emerging
challenges and benefit them tremendously by exploring the immense wealth of knowledge and experience offered by our faculty and participating professionals.
The meet would comprise guest lectures, workshops and events proving to be one common platform where students from various institutes can interact with each
other as well as with renowned guest from industry and academia.Our inspiration was the famous episode in the Puranas, Samudra Manthan. The story represents
the spiritual endeavour of a person to achieve self-realisation through concentration of mind, withdrawal of senses, control of desires and practice of
austerities and asceticism. We seek to create a platform where the brightest minds of the country compete and through single minded devotion to the task
achieve their Amrit, knowledge.
for the Schedule and How to reach the campus
IIT Kharagpur AUV Team (iKAT) will be organizing a workshop on AUV (Autonomous Underwater vehicle).
Following topics will br covered during the work shop :
- Software architecture of mobile robotics + ROS (Robot operating system fundamentals).
- Eletrical infrastruture of AUV
- Basics of Navigation of AUV
- Basics of Mechanical modelling of AUV
- Basics of Acouatic source location system
At the end we will have a demonstration .
During the event , Mr.Tarun Rewari, president at Aryatech Marine and offshore Pvt. ltd will will give a presentation on :
- Orcaflex software& its application to Subsea Systems
- SACS software & its application to Fixed and Floating Offshore structures
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do we pre-register for an event in Samudra-Manthan?
- Participants can pre-register on our website for any event going to be held in Samudra Manthan.Register Here
- How to reach the campus on arrival at kharagpur ?
- IIT Kharagpur is situated at a distance of 5 km from the railway station. Local Taxi will be available round the clock at the railway station . Fare would be around 120 INR for the taxi.
- Where should we go after reaching the IIT campus ?
- When you reach the campus call us on the contacts provided in the contacs page , we will take care from then onwards
- Do I get accommodation?
- You will be provided with accommodation during the fest.Charges for accommodation will are included in the registration charges.Accommodation will be provided from 1600 hrs of 8th March, 2013 to 0900 hrs of 11th March, 2013. Kindly try to be with this scheme. However, if you have any ineluctable problem, don't hesitate to contact the team members and you will definitely be taken care of
- When will I get my prizes and certificates?
- The participants will get their prizes and certificates on the last day of SM'13 during the Prize distribution ceremony. Those who need to leave early can collect it from control tent at the end of the day.
- I still have a few unanswered questions, where can i look for?
- You are always welcome to contact the team members for any queries. contacts of team members are available on the contact page of the website.
- Other information will be updated soon